Libraries & Cultural
Home At First Street
HOME, the award winning centre for international contemporary visual art, theatre and film, is a new purpose-built complex in Manchester city centre and England’s largest multi-art form centre outside London.
The new £24m centre boasts a 500-seat theatre, a 150-seat flexible studio space, a 500m2 gallery, five cinema screens, digital production and broadcast facilities, a café bar and restaurants.
The project has opened up many opportunities for local people and businesses. Key highlights include:
- ‘Meet The Buyer’ event held to maximise opportunities for local businesses and suppliers.
- Collaborative working with Manchester City Council, Ask Developments and a neighbouring contractor to support sustainable apprenticeship opportunities through the Greater Manchester GTA. Over 35 apprenticeship opportunities were realised across the scheme.
- Open doors event delivered which saw the local community invited to the development during project works.
- White Van Roadshow – supporting construction teams on site, the contractor delivered a White Van Roadshow during the works. This two day event saw all staff and supply chain members attend health and safety roadshows, and have individual health checks and occupational workshops.
- The contractor hosted the first in a series of events for The Association of Women in Property on site at First Street, forming part of their commitment to celebrating leading females in the industry.