Heritage & Retail
Spanish Hall Winter Gardens
The Spanish Hall is the second largest ballroom in the complex and forms part of an elaborate series of rooms created over the winter on 1930/31 by the celebrated film set designer Andrew Mazzei.
Works will involve the repair, restoration and re-glazing of the Spanish Hall roof and the repair and stabilization of ceramic finishes to the Coronation Street Façade of the Olympia Building.
Environment and Community
• A practitioner-led on-site tutorial for 12 students from UCLan has been carried out.
• We repaired the leaking roof on the Boat House Youth Centre.
• Our mascot Charle Conlon attended Butterfly Lodge Nursery. The children enjoyed an exciting game of ‘dig a duck’, a chance to sit in a digger.
• We have carried out a ‘Meet the Buyer Event’ at Winter Gardens.
Future Environment and Community Plans
• On the 21st July 2018 we are carrying out a Beach Clean up with the Sealife Centre.
• 1 Work Placement has been scheduled for June.
‘I have found Conlon to be proactive and professional in the execution of the works. The contract period has been extended due to finding additional repairs, Conlon have helped with this process and their Client liaison process has been very good.’ Robert Kenyon, Project Manager, Blackpool City Council.