Blackpool Enterprise Zone – Pre-Construction
This project involves the construction of a new-build changing and sports pavilion comprising of 6 changing rooms, 2 officials changing rooms, disabled changing room, toilets, kitchen and social room on land off Common Edge Road in Marton, Blackpool.
The building envelope will be constructed with brick and timber cladding and a singly ply membrane pitched roof. Externally, the existing car park area will be extended to provide coach parking spaces and 190 car parking spaces together with a covered cycle area.
The works will also include the widening of the access road, incorporating a new footpath and cycle way into the new car parking area from Common Edge Road.
Some of the added value commitments will include:
• a minimum of 75% local employment within the FY postcode area
• a minimum of 34 apprentice weeks
• a minimum of 8 training weeks
• work placement opportunities for students from Blackpool and Fylde College
• promotion of mental health and wellbeing