Brinnington Leisure Centre
Brinnington Leisure Centre is a major milestone for Brinnington sports and leisure.
The new £5.3m leisure centre replaces the outdated Lawping centre and consists of a 3G pitch, community room for events, a creche and is already the proud new home of the Brinnington Boxing Club. The project consists of a bowling green on a separate site.
• Willmott Dixon handed over the NWCH project, on time, on budget and to the full satisfaction of our customer. The opening ceremony was attended by representatives from Stockport Council, Life Leisure, Willmott Dixon and local residents.
• The new leisure centre is already a great asset to the community, with 100 members joining on the opening weekend.
Investing in the local community
• Willmott Dixon capitalised on its excellent relationship with the community and local schools, engaging with 182 students through school engagements within the 11 month build.
• 86 Apprentice weeks
• 4 Work Placements
• 86% of our supply chain was from the North West
Targeting hard to reach groups
• Through close working with The Royal Marine Charity, we were able to place Gary Dearden on Brinnington. Gary was a Marine, who was due to be released on medical grounds. As part of his discharge regime, the Marines funded his APMP in Project Management. Gary has since completed work experience on our site and we have supported additional training, including his SMSTS. Gary now has a full time role with us, as a Trainee Build Manager.
“ The new sports centre will create high quality, affordable facilities, accessible to everyone. This significant investment demonstrates the Council’s commitment to the future of Brinnington.” Councillor Sheila Bailey, Cabinet Member for Communities and Housing at Stockport Council