Broadheath Primary School
This project involved the construction of a new reception block to provide 9 classrooms, including 3 reception classes. Works were carried out within a live environment and included alterations to the electrical installation, fire detection, data and security to suit Trafford Council’s revised standard office layout.
The school is efficient and provides new facilities such as a new kitchen with a food tech teaching space, a hygiene room, washing facilities and an accessible WC. Other localised modifications were made to the existing building including the replacement of two structural walls to two new door sets, increasing the capacity of the main hall.
An additional folding screen was installed in the former children’s centre to allow continued group use.
• Noisy and disruptive works were carried out during set times agreed with the school to minimise disruption.
• Weekly meetings, feedback questionnaires and newsletters informed building users of the progress and upcoming works.
• Ahead of ‘Child Safety Week’, Our H&S Mascot, Charlie Conlon, held an
assembly at the school.
• The school was given an allotment patch in the local community. We provided gardening tools and arranged the allotment to have built up planters made of railway sleepers. Pupils from the school benefit and the unused allotment is cared for instead of being left unkept.
Sustainability and Localism
• 82% of labour came within 30 miles of site.
• Construct CO2 was used to monitor sites Carbon Footprint.
• Two Work Experience students were involved with the project.
Considerate Constructors 43/50 – Silver Award Winner
Throughout the project Conlon have provided an excellent team of people who have worked closely with everyone involved and done their very best to ensure the client receives value for money & a first-rate building.Chris Gresty, Project Manager