Health & Social Care
Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub
Construction will revamp the existing facility into a state-of-the art integrated hub providing health, leisure, and cultural services for the people of west Warrington.
The dementia friendly facility will include consulting rooms, outreach clinic rooms with a waiting area, shell space for a pharmacy, a 120 station fitness suite, swimming pools including a hydrotherapy pool, a sports hall, tennis courts, 3G pitch,
library, café and wellbeing facilities including a spa.
As a Health and Wellbeing Centre of Excellence, the key focus of Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub will be to encourage physical activity, mental wellbeing and support primary care of an ageing population, which is the dominant profile of residents in the area. It will also support the integrated working of primary care,
community, social care, LiveWire and third sector services.
Enabling works commenced in April 2016, consisting of demolition of the old sports hall stores and plant room chimney. The project is due to be completed in a phased delivery from winter 2017 to spring 2018.
Environment and Community
The site team have engaged with the local community by;
• Offering site tours (via Open Doors)
• Hosting work experience shadowing placements for Warrington Collegiate
• Donating boxes of food to a nearby food bank in the lead up to Christmas
• Creating a bug hotel using redundant materials for the nursery next door to site
• Working with the supply chain to donate £1,164 to local rugby club, North West
Tigers enabling them to buy training kits and equipment
• Delivering health and safety activities and hosting an artwork hoarding
competition for the nursery school pupils
• Hosting 10 apprentices and trainees on the project so far
• Scoring 40/50 on two CCS audits.
“This dementia friendly facility will provide a wealth of opportunities for residents to access physical activities that will help improve health and wellbeing inequalities across the town”
Emma Hutchison, Managing Director of LiveWire