Harpurhey District Office
This project involved the internal refurbishment of the former Connexions Office space, and access and security improvements including new powered doors to the Lobby and Reception Area on the ground floor, along with provision of a new accessible lift.
Social Value and Engagement Benefits
– 1 apprentice Electrician and 1 trainee Manager were employed on site.
– Charlie Conlon visited Broadheath Primary School.
– Noisy and disruptive works were carried out during set times agreed with the building users to minimize disruption.
– Weekly meetings, feedback questionnaires and newsletters informed building users of the progress and upcoming works.
Sustainability and Localism
– 100% of labour came from within the North West region.
– 100% score for waste diverted from landfill was achieved.
– Construct CO2 was used to monitor sites carbon footprint.
‘The project was carried out with great care and thought by Conlon Construction, minimising disruption to the Client in an occupied building. The quality of the finished product was very good with minimum defects.’ Richard Broadbent, Manchester City Council