Oldham Leisure Centre
Willmott Dixon Construction
Form of Contract
NEC 3 Option A
Design & Build
The construction of a new build leisure complex comprising: 8 lane 25m pool and 15m learner pool, competition size sports hall, 80 station fitness centre, 2 multi function studios and bowls hall. External works consist of soft landscaping, public realm works and a 120 space car park.
- Delivered on time – despite the significant challenge posed by adverse weather during the erection of the frame during the winter months.
- Delivered on budget – over £250,000 of value engineering generated which enabled the client and operator to tailor the final design to their exact requirements.
- Zero defects.
- 9 apprentices were recruited – 7 from the Oldham area.
- 39/50 Considerate Constructors score.
- 92.4% Project Health and Safety average.
- 97% waste diverted from landfill.
- Acheived BREEAM ‘Very Good’.
- 57% local spend within Oldham.
- 76% local spend within Greater Manchester.
- 85% customer satisfaction score from post construction questionnaire.
Customer delight with Oldham Leisure Centre is evidenced in a short film created to promote the new centre, watch it here.