St Lukes C of E Primary School
Constructed on the site of the former All Hallows RC High School on Weaste Lane, Salford, St Luke’s C of E Primary is an exciting new modular build primary school which is now the new home to 450 pupils.
The school was constructed as part of the Education Basic Needs (EBN) Scheme, to replace the original primary school located on Eccles New Road. The new school also includes a nursery facility and space to support pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN). The site also includes sports pitches, an external learning area and playground.
- 13 apprentices worked on the project through supply chain totalling in 60 apprentice weeks
- 3 members of the site team were recruited for employed status training positions on the project (cadets)
- Members of the site team dedicated 2 days to a clear up of Buile Hill Park with the Friends of Buile Hill Park group.
- Over 300 pupils were engaged in Health and Safety walks led by the site team from the former St Luke’s site to the new build site.
- Members of the supply chain completed accredited training whilst working on the project
- 5% of supply chain was based within 40 miles of the site.
- 46% local labour – Greater Manchester
- Considerate Constructors Score of 43 out of 50
- BREEAM rating – received ‘Very Good’
- Liaison with All Hallows Business and Enterprise Academy to offer work experience opportunities
“We are really thrilled with our new building. We feel incredibly fortunate to have such a well designed and spacious school which says to our pupils that they are valued and are worth it. We are now able to deliver the 21st Century curriculum in a 21st Century building.” Kath Partridge, Headteacher