Winsford Training Centre
Construction of a new, modern fire training facility, as well as a number of alterations and extensions to the existing live offices and workshops at Sadler Road for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS).
Groundworks with careful demolition and remodelling of several existing buildings and facilities will be carried out to make way for 14 new training and support zones, including:
• Petrochemical training rig
• Vehicle garage and indoor training area
• Terraced houses, farm building and small commercial building scenarios
• Road traffic accident training
• Motorway simulation scenario
• Confined space training area
• Farm rescue
The new training facility will provide ground-breaking, state-of-the-art technology and immersive, real-life scenarios, ranging from serious motorway collisions to dealing with building fires, keeping Cheshire firefighters highly-skilled and equipped to deal with a myriad of life-saving situations.
• Three new apprenticeships will be provided
• Visits to local primary schools will promote site safety
• Visits to local colleges will encourage students to take up construction careers
• A £3,500 sponsorship has been made for CFRS’s 2019 STAR Awards – a
celebration of success, talent, achievement and recognition within the service and a fantastic opportunity to reward and congratulate service men and women who have performed acts above the call of duty.
“This state of the art training facility will bring the absolute best to
Cheshire’s firefighters, ensuring they are ready for any situation they
are called out to. The way that ISG is delivering the project, by working
on each new zone at the same time, means we’re going to be able to
provide this much needed facility as quickly as possible.” Iain Gammack, Director of IKG Consulting Ltd