Worthington Primary School extension
A new two storey extension to the existing school building to create four additional classrooms to accommodate more places in each year group.
The project is currently in the construction stage with works started on site in May 2020.
Project works also comprise:
• Necessary surveys, GIS, Topographical, CCTV survey to existing drains
• Works comprise the design and construction of a new 2 storey extension to the existing school (completed 2012) to provide 4 No. additional classrooms and associated W.C.’s and platform lift
• Relocation / re-provide cycles shelters
• Relocation of the attenuation tank
• Re-organisation of the disabled parking and delivery yard
The school will remain in occupation for teachers and key workers during the construction period and activities that disrupt the normal operation of the school are programmed to take place during the school holidays.
“Wates Smartspace has committed to delivering a number of employment and training programmes as part of our programme. This will include apprenticeships, work placements and careers events. We also look forward to engaging with the wider community throughout our time on site to ensure that the work that we deliver leaves a lasting legacy within Sale.” Andy Hughes, Business Unit Director, Wates Smartspace
“From the moment we began working together, I (and my governing body) was struck by the incredibly professional demeanour of every member of the Wates team. Our project manager, Callum McLean, is the driving force behind the prompt and effective management of the project. The warm and friendly atmosphere at our regular site meetings has made working with the whole team a delight. I have to say that I am more than delighted with the progress against all timescales and working with Wates remains a complete pleasure.” Mr C Searle, Head Teacher, Worthington Primary School