Focus on: One Central Park
This exciting NWCH procured project involved the remodelling of an existing 10-year-old building by Framework Partner, VINCI, to provide space for business start-ups in the digital industry.
The building consists of 83,203ft2 of lettable office space in three blocks, over three floors in a triangular layout with 272 car park spaces.
The ground floor has now been transformed to provide a vibrant internal plaza designed to foster a creative community. The new space encourages networking and has space for entertainment along with hot desking for both tenants and the wider Central Park community.
Previously the building had an open-air courtyard, which was underutilised. The works have included enclosing the space with a transparent ‘Eden’ style ETFE (Ethylene Tetra Flouro Ethylene) roof. This area now acts as the heart of the building, incorporating internal balconies, so offices can have open access to the plaza.
The completed development provides an additional 18,000sq ft of office space with the remaining 75,000 sq ft fully refurbished. The works were undertaken in a live environment requiring complex phasing and stakeholder management procedures, as the existing tenant remained operational within the facility throughout.
The project was recognised by the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme, being awarded a ‘Performance Beyond Compliance’ for its outstanding levels of site management, health & safety, environmental and social value achievements.
The project has been successfully delivered on time and within budget.
- Broadhurst – the site become heavily involved with the Broadhurst Community Project. VINCI and other sub-contractors on the site volunteered their time to transform the old Broadhurst Centre into a Community Hub for families, over 50s and children.
- A new sign was purchased for the centre which will be painted in due course.
- Work experience – Branden from The Manchester college undertook a work placement on the site with the commercial team and stepped into the role of a Quantity Surveyor. Branden said: “I have enjoyed going on to the construction sites and expanding my knowledge on the role of a quantity surveyor, VINCI have taught me a lot in the field and everyone in the office has treated me with love from the first moment I walked on site”. We had 7 students attend site for a week each from Manchester college
- Exceeded local labour and employment KPI’s
- Over 143 apprentice weeks delivered
- 99.34% of Waste Diverted from Landfill