Mind the skills gap: NWCH at Construction Summit North 2017
The 2017 Construction Summit North will be taking place on the 13th and 14th of September. Now in its fourth year, the largest property and construction event of its kind outside of London will connect 400 delegates with some of the biggest names in the industry and will provide a unique opportunity to discuss the latest developments in the region and across the UK construction sector.
We will be holding two workshops on day one, centred around skills and workforce.
Workshop 1: Mind the skills gap
- Why do we have skills gap
- How do we make construction industry more attractive
- Barriers to filling skills gap
Workshop 2: Women In Construction
- Sharing positive stories and case studies of career opportunities inspired by the construction industry.
- Discussing transferable skills that the industry needs and how to develop these throughout a career journey.
- Showcasing an example of a construction project that targeted people from outside the industry as a part of its CSR.
Additionally, The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Research Team will launch the latest version of the pipeline analysis.
Day two focuses on Digital Technology in Construction, exploring how building information modelling, digital design, big data and the internet of things are revolutionising the way we think about property and construction.
For the full programme, please visit: