NWCH @ Healthcare Estates
On 9th October 2018, The North West Construction Hub will be hosting a panel discussion on: ‘Wellbeing: how to build better buildings’
Joanna Chomeniuk, Frameworks Lead, NWCH
1. Neil Grice, Area Director, North at Community Health Partnerships
2. Mark Bew, Chairman at PCSG, Director at ECS, Chairman at BIM Task Group
3. Jo Kember, Director, Gilling Dod Architects
4. Barney Harle, Head of Major Projects at Manchester City Council
5. Mike Taylor, Business Development Manager F.Parkinson, Former Chairman at FBE.
6. Prof Jason Underwood, School of Built Environment, University of Salford
The panel discussion will elaborate on well-being aspect of the built environment and it will bring together ideas on how to build much better buildings for the future. The discussion will take the audience on a journey focused on the right buildings for the future taking into account available capital for the NHS and what options are open for health and well-being clients.
Current academic research findings will challenge common knowledge on best ways of increasing utilisation of community facilities. The audience will have a chance to learn about innovative design and using master planning to its full advantage as well as about the role of an intelligent client, design team, contractors and end users in building better buildings for the future.